The 3rd-5th-grade students will be taking the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness, or STAAR, on May 14-16, 2018.
Mon., May 14 - 3rd & 4th Grade Math; 5th grade Math retest
Tues., May 15 - 3rd & 4th Grade Reading; 5th-grade Reading retest
Wed., May 16 - 5th Grade Science
In preparation for these assessments and to ensure your child’s success, please assist us with the following:
* Be sure your child is present and on time! Students should be at school by 7:40 am.
* Make sure your child is well rested the day of the test. It’s recommended that children receive at least 10 hours of sleep.
* Do not make plans to take your child out early from school on testing days. Students will be testing throughout the day, so please avoid any scheduled appointments.
* On testing days, parents will not be allowed on campus.
* Keep any personal cellular phones or electronic devices at home. Cell phones brought to school will be collected due to test security. Parents will have to pick up the phones at the end of each day (3:30 pm).
* Keep backpacks at home.
* Be positive! Words of encouragement from parents help reduce test anxiety.
Our teachers and students have been working hard all year to prepare for these assessments, and we are confident they will do well! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the school.