MISD Computer Science Ed Week Challenges
As a STEAM+ district, McAllen ISD is encouraging all students to participate in this year's
Computer Science Education Week and Hour of Code
December 3rd - 9th, 2018.
Click on the following links to explore a world of FUN!
- Create a meme about technology using MEME MAKER.
- Create a video montage using KAPWING MONTAGE.
- Draw something unique with PENCIL CODE.
- Create a song with PENCIL CODE.
- Create a story using SCRATCH JR.
- Use the SCRATCH JR STORYBOARD to start off!
- Create a video animated story using the EXPLAIN EVERYTHING app.
- Create a video book or movie review.
- Museum Kiosk using Google slides.
- Create a tutorial video.
- Create a virtual pet: Get started with the BBC micro:bit. Use friendly blocks to make a virtual pet that you can feed and play with!
- Change the World.
Students are encouraged to choose one challenge and submit their submission on this FORM.
NOTE: If prompted, students need to use their McAllen ISD email. The format is
LASTNAME Initial FIRST NAME Initial IDnumber@students.mcallenisd.net
EXAMPLE: Jon Smith ID# 123456 would be SJ123456@students.mcallenisd.net